Hi, there! I’m back with an extremely short guide to kimono!
Disclaimer: I do not pretend to know everything there is to know about kimono and this guide only covers the smallest fraction of information. What is in this guide comes purely from my own knowledge and research, and I am very sorry if I made any mistakes. Let me know if I did and I’ll fix it asap :). I’m also sorry for the terrible drawing of the girl on page 4(rilly rilly bad) :T
Lastly, these pics are massive! Forgive me! m(__)m
(All of these will be in Japanese. There are lots of pictures so it’s okay if you can’t read it!)
1) Kimono (this is the page I referenced for my drawing on page 4. It is a wonderful breakdown of kimono structure and the artist shows much more detail than I did. Check this link out for sure!)
5) Moar obi!1!
7) Google Japan image search results for ‘obi musubikata’ (obi how to tie)
And that’s all! I hope this was useful for anyone wanting to draw kimono but perhaps having a little trouble with the details :)
If you’re like me, you have about 5 million things to do at any given time. Maybe you also intend to practice a skill or do something every once in a while to get better at it, but you keep putting it off because you just never remember, among other things. Maybe you have a shitload of assignments and projects due and it’s hard to keep track. Maybe, like me, your short-term memory is basically non-existant.
Good news - there’s this (free!) thing called HabitRPG that can help you out. It’s fun, charming, and extremely easy to use - you map out habits and things to do and get rewarded for accomplishments! It basically makes your life into a little videogame.
I’ve been using it for a few days, and I’ve gotten my friends to use it, and it’s already helped us all immensely. Check this out:
You can make parties to see your friends’ progress, which is hells of cool. You can make lists of all the things you need to do, and when you do something, you gain gold and experience, which can go towards buying things from a shop - weapons, armor, potions - or even your own custom reward (Cake, anyone?) while missing something will drain your HP a little.
You can set things to be done on certain days, or even during certain times! And you can set the day to begin at a certain time as well - for me, it’s 7 am - 7 am!
You can customize your character and profile, and the community and devs are strong and responsive as well.
You can even “check in” at the Tavern in game if you’re going on vacation or the like, so you won’t be penalized for missing a few days! The lead dev is also pretty active on Twitter and a seriously nice dude - check him out here! New things and fixes are constantly being rolled out, which is also very nice - the dev support for HabitRPG is seriously awesome.
I seriously could not recommend this more, it’s absolutely amazing. It’s super fun, and in the last few days I’ve accomplished more work and creative practice (and drank more water), than I have in the last two weeks combined. It makes everything less overwhelming, and more of a challenge that you know you can beat.
Give it a shot, and if you like it, let your friends and followers know about it - I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
For people curious about my settings
1. I use the brush tool for almost everything, even for lineart. Easy for rough sketching.
2. Blending, works better with a texture thrown in.
3. Flat brush gets you a semi painterly look, wonderful for laying down color and whatnot.
4. Overlay abuse, I actually do most of my color blending with them haha
Brushes downloaded from here I believe
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
This game looks super nice, Orion’s Odyssey is a game that’s been developed by Island Officials. I know a few people who have been working on this game and I would very much love to see this kickstarter become a success!!
Basically, the game is all finished so right now they need funding to get actual physical copies of the game! So, please check out their kickstarter, maybe make a pledge! Any amount helps :)
At long last I have finished the Templates for the “Add your own face” God Tier Skins. You can edit them in McSkinEdit and pull the colors off the Temps with MSpaint.
EDIT: DO NOT ASK ME TO MAKE THESE FOR YOU. YOUR ASK WILL BE IGNORED.
I stumbled upon a website that allows you to blend any colors evenly no matter how opposite on the spectrum they are.
sharing the knowledge
I LOVE YOU.